I’m so glad you are considering participating in this wonderful program for children!
Gorgemusik is an international music education experience for children ages newborn to age 4.
Dedicated to the idea that 100% of children are musical,Gorgemusik offers music, movement, instrument play,
singing, listening and social interaction. The curricula are designed to enhance a child’s total development
by strengthening physical, emotional, social and cognitive skills at a very early age
Since you are your child’s primary educator, the songs and activities we do in class are meant to be
repeated at home. . You and your child will receive the most benefit from class when you participate fully
with your child in every activity while in class.
guidelines for class:
- Since our classroom is used by the church for other business, we cannot eat or drink in the room. Please do not bring food or drinks (other than water) into the classroom as it can get messy and distracting to other children. This applies to toys from home as well.
- Children will wander and explore the environment, especially between 1 and 2 years. This is expected and allowed as long as they are not disrupting anyone or getting into the church’s things. RUNNING is not allowed for safety reasons. Continue to gently encourage your child’s participation in the class activities, however, so you both get the most out of class.
- Classes are parent participatory. You and your child will receive the most benefit from class when you participate fully with your child in every activity. Your child will take his cue from you, so even if he decides not to sing or dance, YOU do it anyway!!
- I encourage you make friends with other families in class, but, please wait until AFTER class to strike up conversations with other parents. Your child sees you as her model and if you are not paying attention or participating in class, she will get the message that she doesn’t need to either. I always allow 15 mins between classes, so you are welcome to stay after and chat if you wish.
- Please do not bring sick children to class. This includes fever, diarrhea, vomiting, worrisome rash, hacking cough or greenish runny nose. Allergies, clear drippy noses, mild, lingering coughs are generally not problematic. Ask your doctor if you’re concerned.
- If your child is cranky or causing a disturbance during class, rest assured that all children get this way once in a while. If gentle redirection, distraction or changing the way you are participating in an activity don’t work, you and your child may need to leave the room for a few minutes until he/she calms down.
- It is normal for a child to sing and dance at home but not in class. Be assured he is benefiting from class even if he appears to be bored or not paying attention. This is a complex social and musical experience for little ones and sometimes they need time to process it all before you see the results.
- I appreciate your word-of-mouth advertising! That allows me to keep fees as low as possible.
- Bring visitors to class! A guest child with adult may attend class once without charge to see what we’re all about. Call Jennifer ahead of time to make sure there is space.
- Grandparents and other adults are ALWAYS welcome!!
If you have any questions about the class, call me at 541-716-1331.